CortexPay Point of Sale
There are multiple options when it comes to accepting bitcoin, litecoin and dash payments. We've tried them all and did not like what we saw so we designed the CortexPay as the best solution for accepting in-store cryptocurrency payments. CortexPay has been battle tested and used in the field since March 2015.
Why is CortexPay the best option?
Usually, a smartphone or tablet seems to be the first thing on people their mind when they think about starting to accept Bitcoin, Litecoin or Dash at their shop or restaurant. At GENERAL BYTES we have tried this and found that this doesn't work with regular staff.
Here is how the phone/tablet Point of Sale story usually goes:
- Hey Joe, I have a customer here and he wants to pay with ..... bit-coin. Joe, do you remember how to do that? It was on some smartphone. Where is it?
- Sorry, it took a while, I found it. Give me two more minutes I will find a charger and charge it a bit. We don't accept bitcoin that often.
- Hey Joe. What is the PIN?
- Luckily we got PIN correctly on the third attempt because my boss which I called to has it written down in his office.
- 1 more minute of booting phone...
- What is the name of the app? Is it web based or a native app?
- Got it. It was simple. First icon from the end. Wow, it looks different now than when I used it last time. Give me a second, where was it...
- So, how do you want to pay? QR code ok, move it further from me and I will get the focus.
Why our CortextPay point of sale terminal is the ideal solution:
- It has no batteries. It is always on and connected to the power outlet.
- It doesn't move from person to person. It stays in one place and nobody will be tempted to play Angry Birds or Pokemon on it.
- No PIN is required to start it and accept payment.
- The customer can operate the device for themselves. For example to enter tip or verify wallet balance.
- The Cortexpay software doesn't change/upgrade without staff manager approval.
- Camera for QR code scanning is placed at a fixed length.
- Multiple payment options: QRcode, NFC cards for contactless payment, paper wallets, smartphone camera.
- CortexPay's application is optimized for high throughput of payments such as 1 payment per 5 seconds.
- You can predefine your goods at backend and staff can just choose from the menu on the CortexPay.
- CortexPay accepted more than 100000 bitcoin payments since March 2015.
Multiple payment options
- Scan QR-code from the machine by your phone.
- Scan paper wallet (bitcoin private key in form of QR-code) using the built-in camera from a fixed point.
- Contactless payment via NFC wallet cards. You can have your staff sell NFC wallets or you can use the BATMThree bitcoin ATM to sell NFC-cards directly to customers.
- sell cryptocurrencies from your point of sale terminal. Supported cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin, Dash and Litecoin.
Entering Payment Amount
You can enter the amount to pay using dial keypad or fill the cart by choosing predefined items. Items can be in categories with customized order and colours.
Fast tipping - why your staff starts to like bitcoin
CortexPay displays customer 3 buttons with predefined amounts he can choose from before getting to payment screen. For example: 0 USD, 1 USD, 5 USD. CortexPay will automatically split bitcoin transaction into a part for the shop and the tip for the staff member.
Reports on backend
See how much was received, what was sold, by who and when. Your accountant will praise you!
CortexPay can optionally automatically convert received bitcoins to your fiat currency and get sent to your bitcoin account using 3rd party payment processor such as BitcoinPay. No volatility risks for the merchant, what you charge is what you get. After all, you run a business and don't want to gamble on exchange rates.
|Consumo de corriente:||20W|
|Entrada de corriente:||AC 100-240V (Japan, US, Australia, Europe, Asia and other)|
|Conectividad de red:||WiFi (b/g/n)|
|monedas soportadas:||BTC, LTC, DASH|
|Entrada de direccion cripto:||QR code, NFC|
|Idiomas:||English, more languages can be added on request|
|Peso:||1kg / 2.2lbs|
|USP 1 - nombre:||Professional solution|
|USP 1 - texto:||Stop playing around with a tablet or mobile phone. Use a dedicated device instead!|
|USP 2 - nombre:||Easy to use|
|USP 2 - texto:||So easy, customers can use it without staff assistance.|
|USP 3 - nombre:||Backend software included!|
|USP 3 - texto:||Manage your offerings remotely on the backend via any browser.|
|USP 4 - nombre:||Extensible|
|USP 4 - texto:||CortexPay is based on Android. Do you want to add more functions? No problem! Introducting the most flexible cryptocurrency point of sale terminal on the market!|
|Descripcion corta:||Take the professional approach and start accepting Bitcoin, Dash and Litecoin payments with CortexPay. This terminal can also be used to sell BTC, DASH and LTC to clients visiting your location provided there is a staff member there to do the required AML/KYC checks.|